Baby #2 is due any day! We have everything ready we are just waiting. Even Logan is excited and keeps asking about baby and asking to look in the bassinet.
I needed a project for today so I was brainstorming super hero themed ideas for recipes and snacks and this is what I came up with:
This has a LOT of vegetables in it, you can substitute anything you’d like and leave out anything you don’t just be aware if you add in any squash like zuchinni or yellow squash it will be very watery. To make it paleo just leave out the beans and make the batman logo on top of the salsa, skip the cheese.
Grain Free Batman Taco Casserole
1 16oz bag frozen cauliflower
1/4- 1/3 head of cabbage, shredded
1 lb ground beef (preferably grass fed)
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 bell peppers, any color
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
1 jar salsa (your favorite heat level, I used mild)
1 large can sliced black olives
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Steam cauliflower according to directions on bag, drain well and place in a large bowl.
2. Over medium heat sautée ground beef and cabbage until ground beef is fully cooked and cabbage is soft. While cooking add salt, paprika, chili powder and garlic powder. While this is cooking dice up your onions and peppers.
3. Add the ground beef mixture to the cauliflower then put your prepped onions and peppers in your already warm pan, add a little oil if you are worried about anything sticking.
4. When the peppers and onions are soft and onions begin to brown add to the cauliflower mixture and stir. When mixed thoroughly pour into a greased 13×9 glass pan.
5. Spread salsa over the top of the veggies then sprinkle with the cheese.
6. Now comes the tricky part. Rinse and drain your olives and recreate this logo the best you can. Start with the center and ears so that your design is centered in the pan. The olives are pretty forgiving and move easily.
This seemed to be the easiest version of the logo to recreate.
7. Bake for 30-40 mins or until cheese just begins to brown.
I would love love to see pictures if you make this! Post them in the comments or use #grainfreeadventure on Instagram.